Tuesday 8 December 2015



WHY?

I knew you were going,
I could see the signs, was it something that I said?
We were so good together, I looked after you,
We looked good together, where did we go wrong?
I treated you well; you were always well cared for,
You never wanted for anything,
You always smelled good, you were the best, I always saw to that,
Obviously, it was not enough because you still left me, 
Never to return, no coming back, no false starts, just gone,
When you did go, the (w)hole you left just got bigger and bigger,
Was that your parting gift to me? Was that the final shot, 
The one that really cut me to the bone?
I covered it up for as long as I could, I tried to hide the pain, 
What was the point, everyone could see it, except me,
Nobody told me, but they knew, oh yes, they knew,
You knew all along that you were going,
Of course you did,
Did you hate me that much?
We had been through so much together!
Alas, things change, I changed, I had to,
So I just I learned to live without you, 
Things were just that much shorter; I knew it would be, 
No point in hanging on to the past,
How I miss you though, we were so good together,
Do people still point and stare, or is it just in my head,
Of course it is, why I should be any different, God only knows,
So, gradually I have accepted your loss; life for me goes on,
But It still hurts every time I look in the mirror,
That bald guy staring back at me,
A victim to vanity, he misses a lot of things,
But you are so missed; you are up there, top three without doubt,
Mother Nature.... Hell Hath No Fury....you bitch!



(The breeze running over your scalp....not quite the same really!!)



2 comments:

  1. Your *parting* gift, Martin? Arghh... :-)
    Still, a man needs very little to rock a Van Dyke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doll, I know, I just can't help it, that 'old' corn still keeps a flowin', jeez, I used to be hilarious, you had to be there! XX

    ReplyDelete